Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Name of This Book Is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch

An interesting tale told in an original voice for the narrator--well rarely published anyway. I find many of my sixth graders write like this, using a voice that is talking directly to the readers, is very dramatic and engaging. I will say I was a bit annoyed by the self-importance of the narrator at times and the whole mystery around the SECRET, but it was, overall, an amusing book. It is about a girl who sees impending doom in everything and is determined to survive those disasters. She cries wolf a bit too often, so when a real disaster strikes, you guessed it, no one believes her. I won’t give away too much of the story, as it is, after all, a SECRET, but will say it’s a mystery that is a bit hard to imagine at times, but interesting at the same time. I think this is tailored for 4-7 grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment