Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott

I have to start by saying I genuinely enjoyed this book! This is a story about a pair of twins that, by helping an employer, get mixed up in saving the world. Turns out they may or may not be the twins spoken of in a prophecy where the twins determine who wins in the world war of good vs. evil, determining the fate of all humans. Let me back up...and I hope I am not giving too much away when I say this, but these two, a boy and a girl, help Nicholas Flamel and his wife protect a book that contains very powerful magic that could be very dangerous in the wrong hands, which is personified by Dr. John Dee. This book is well written, with the right amount of explanation mixed with action, as well as the right amount of reality mixed with fantasy. It is highly engaging and fun to read, if this is your genre. Grades 5-8

No comments:

Post a Comment